Sandy beaches, crystal clear sea, sunny summer as it should be. Amazing history of St Michael’s Mount, famous Minack Theatre and vibrant Penzance. Wild Cornish coastline, remote Land’s End. All wrapt up in beautiful Cornwall. Who could resist!
Highlights: Enjoy summer in the best scenery England can offer. Get bronzed on the Cornish coastline. A glimpse of fame on the stage of unique Minack Theatre. Discover where the Land’s End. Learn about the history of St Michael’s Mount. Indulge seafood specialities.
By train: First Great Western operate high speed services from London Paddington, South Wales and the Cotswolds to Cornwall, including sleeper services also known as the Night Riviera Sleeper Service from London Paddington. Journey from London to Penzance takes approx. 6 hours.
By Air: Newquay Cornwall Airport is linking Cornwall to major cities across the country as well as internationally.
Local transport and bus maps: click here
Hotels, B&B, hostels in Penzance
Recommended Walks & Sights & Where to eat
|WALK 1: From Penzance to Mousehole / day 1Length: 5 km. Grade: easy. Suggested maps: OS Explorer Map (Land’s End, sheet 102).
Eat in The Ship Inn (ww.shipmousehole.co.uk).
|WALK 2: From Land’s End to Porthcurno beach, stoping at Minack theatre / day 2Length: 15 km. Grade: moderate. Suggested maps: OS Explorer Map (Land’s End, sheet 102).
Travel by bus (service 300) from Penzance to Land’s End, then walk to Porthcurno beach (15 km). Visit Minack theatre.
|WALK 3: From Penzance to St Michael’s Mount / day 3Length: 7 km. Grade: easy. Suggested maps: OS Explorer Map (Land’s End, sheet 102).
Walk along the coastline from Penzance to St Michael’s Mount. Visit St Michael’s Mount. Then walk back to Penzance or take the bus.
Where to eat: Admiral Benbow Restaurant
Useful Info & Tips
- Visit Cornwall (official website)
- Falmouth Visitor Information Centre
- Penzance Visitor Information Point
- St Ives
- Scenic railways of Cornwall
- Walking Britain – maps, walks, tips
Find more on: Independent A-Z guide to London, England and Scotland (www.mintytrips.co.uk). Everything you ever needed to know when traveling to Great Britain. Shared by people who live in Britain, admire it’s beauty and recommend worthwhile places they know well.
- Cornwall – Where the Land’s End
- The best of Isle of Wight
- Sunny Dorset & World Heritage Jurassic Coast
- Snowdonia National Park, Snowdon (North Wales)
- Lake District National Park (Honister Via Ferrata)
- Lake District National Park (Keswick, Catbells)
- Lake District National Park (Glenridding, Helvellyn)
- Peak District National Park
- Biking in The New Forest
- Seven Sisters (Seven Sisters Country Park), Eastbourne, Brighton
- Horse riding in The New Forest
- Looking for a hotel, bed and breakfast, holiday cottage or hostel in London, England, Wales or Scotland? We were very happy with this website (click here) that we’ve tried for our holidays. It compares the deals, lists real guest reviews and offers really good rates 🙂
Enjoyed our holidays in North Portugal we have put together a list of our tips where to go, what to see and taste, accommodation tips, best beaches, where to hire a car, what you should see in Porto, in Douro Valley and around Viana do Castelo. Read more here www.myromanticholiday.com
My Romantic Holiday – 10 days in North Portugal – 7 days in lovely South France (Languedoc). Check some great tips for your romantic holiday: www.myromanticholiday.com